Museum of Pedestrians represents a cultural independent platform which involve young people with varied specializations (visual arts, social sciences, architecture, journalism, cinema etc.) in a multidisciplinary approach of qualitative urban research. We try to approach the pulse of the contemporary cities in a creative manner. Envisaging social and cultural projects from 2012 we are trying to stimulate, reward and promote the young european creative generation (cosmopolitan human capital, multicultural diaspora that produces value across various spaces socio-cultural – local and international) interested in the quality of life of our contemporary cities.
In the last six years we produced more than five important projects in Giurgiu, Bucharest and Cluj Napoca, together with youngsters, students, NGO’s, public institutions and citizens from different regions:
- Donaris Festival (2012) – Cultural event made together with Pact Foundation for Community, Balkans, let’s Get Up & Anim’Est.
- Kino Cluj (2014) – Experimental filmmaking festival made together with Kino Liege and Transilvania International Film Festival.
- Colourful Trams (2016) – Artistic intervention together with Kero Zen, OCU and Launloc Contemporary Art Gallery.
- FabHub & Ars Publica / Res.Publica (2017) – Participative democracy project made together with Paintbrush Factory, AltArt Fundation and Local Group of Development.
- Virtual Reality Showcase (2017)- made together with In/Out Transylvania Photo Festival, Contrast VR and PaintBrush Factory from Cluj Napoca.
- TransFeroVR (2017)- new-media project about urban regeneration of Railworkers Park from Cluj-Napoca.
- Faces from the backstage (2018) – collection of documentary photography about active citizens from Cluj-Napoca.
- Voices of TEDxEroilor (2018) – photojournalism collection with TEDxEroilor speakers (Mind the Gap edition).
- Co-partner with ColectivA at Zilele Mănășturului #6 (2018).
- Cluj Never Sleeps, Multimedia Pack Showcase, H33 (2018)
- infiniTIFF, TransFeroVR Showcase, Cluj Hub (2018)
- Eco VR Corner at Someș Delivery, together with Samsung & Let’s Do It Romania, Cluj Napoca (2018)
- TRANZIT (2019) – documentary collection about contemporary Cluj & Bucharest, participatory citizenship and public gouvernance.